The week in Trondheim






THE WOMEN EURO EHF 2020 HANDBALL JOURNEYS DIARY

The week in Trondheim   30/Aug/2020

Passion prevails over hesitations and dilemmas not helped by COVID restrictions.
I always wanted to go back to lovely Frederikshavn and converse/catch up with all my favourite federation staff and the Spanish handball team. I also committed to do so.
Then, I realized that if I wanted to do the media reports and photography, I would have to fulfil professional standards and ethical behaviours I promote through my daily bread risk and compliance role.

       Add to this the fact that I have not taken the risk of purchasing any match tickets as a fan.
       Add to this the importance of neutrality
       Add to this the fact that I applied to the advisory board to Great Britain Handball. It’s  better to see 8 teams and twice as many games, albeit missing on the last competitive day due to business requirements.
       I also never visited Norway as I could not travel last January.
       The temptation for cross-country skiing a week earlier was a huge catalyst.

As the travel and sports chaos resumed, I stuttered as to doing the actual booking. Then, there were indications that the Danish committee would withdraw from the organization as the pandemics spread.

There are less than 100 days left and the accreditation application starts probably next week according to the EHF media co-ordinator.  Travel booked/paid and hotel fully booked. Just need to ensure my accreditation application gets the nod.

I will be keeping in touch with Spain and to some extent France in what promises to be a very busy week. I cannot tell in which professional context this idle media week shall take place, which added to the mental turmoil.

It’s kick-off time for catching up on the teams’ players, tactics and souvenirs. The handball love started in 1990 but I got really serious about my travels since 2011.

In Trondheim the groups are C and D as follows:
Group C: Netherlands, Hungary, Serbia, Croatia.
Group D: Romania, Norway, Germany, Poland.

The exciting week schedule would look like this:

1 DECEMBER 2020      ARRIVAL in Trondheim, instead of Frederikshavn

2 DECEMBER 2020      Getting to know everything around the city, relax, maybe check the venue

3 DECEMBER 2020
Romania – Germany 18.00, whilst Russia – Spain 18.15
Norway – Poland 20.30, whilst Sweden – Czech Republic

4 DECEMBER 2020
Hungary – Croatia 18.15, whilst France – Montenegro
Netherlands – Serbia 20.30, whilst Denmark – Slovenia

5 DECEMBER 2020
Romania – Poland 16.00
Norway – Germany 18.15, whilst Czech Republic – Russia
Then TV           20.30 = Spain – Sweden

6 DECEMBER 2020
Hungary – Serbia `16.00
Netherlands – Croatia 18.15, whilst Slovenia – France
Then TV           20.30 = Montenegro – Denmark

7 DECEMBER 2020
Poland – Germany 18.15, whilst Spain – Czech Republic
Norway – Romania 20.30, whilst Russia – Sweden

8 DECEMBER 2020
Return back to London so missing the last preliminary round competitive day
Serbia Croatia 18.15, whilst Montenegro – Slovenia
Netherlands – Hungary 20.30, whilst France – Denmark


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imbroglio

Germany 2019 - Day XV Semi day, Semi poetry

Honest outcome on life with Arsenal's 40/60