EHF Women Euro 2022 Day I and Day II A valuable experience


On your birthday it is fun to fly somewhere you had never flown to before. Also when an airport, passengers, airline, security, baggage all is going well. What is happening? Nothing to tell until you scramble before getting your passport stamped. Or the taxi driver brings you to the wrong New Star.

The rain on the first day was a nightmare. But in the end I praise the security because they did look after our property in a very rigid yet fair manner. Good on me not to take even my medium size camera.

I think it is good for the true fans that the Montenegro is early throw-in then you have time and space to be yourself and on your own. I had become thirsty despite having had a blast at a superb Indian restaurant in an unfamiliar setting.


Where is Laura? She's around !

Montenegro deserved their victory and I was sat behind the bench and next to the players not picked up for the match. One fan from Montenegro shook my hands and that was pure class from him. 

The Ultras and their flare outsmisside shouting and whistling but they also managed to be silent at times.

It is difficult to become a ref.

I had controlled myself but then two incidents in the first half 30 seconds where the penalty was to be taken and it felt as if the overall clock had stopped but not the 2 mins one, then when Silvia got sadly injured the time was not stopped and 30 seconds were lost again and I wanted to tell the EHF boys but the security persons did not like it)

One of the security guys was a proper fan cheering on good goals and chatting away with some fans. Amusing. But when the resine came off the ball he received then he was not so amused. Very funny though.

A 12-9 loss at the break after losing 6-1 within the first 13 mins was a positive thing. Spain missed opportunities at key moments of the 2nd half. The refs almost started to stop their favouritism towards the home team when the contest was virtually over and once their multiple inconsistent and blatantly biased decisions were spurring the raucous home fans. It ended 30-23 sadly. Lets stick together and bounce back. I want to see Spain at least 6 times, not only 3 times. With this defeat a draw in the next match (22-22 with ten minutes or so to go) and Spain is already in danger of elimination




Germany edged Poland in the money time in a funny old match 27-25 but the worst possible scenario is so far avoided.

Today is rest day with pictures of pittoresque Montenegro. It resembles some of the Deba region towns on a fall day. I will have to watch Chelsea - Arsenal with a local beer with me !!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imbroglio

Germany 2019 - Day XV Semi day, Semi poetry

Honest outcome on life with Arsenal's 40/60