Germany 2019 - Day III No stress ! Just getting ready !

A quiet day but a tad stressful. At least Lorene is feeling better. I hope that I will master the art of photography today. Suddenly the media zone/room are busier because Germany is playing later today. I also need to remember that it is not a marathon, there are three matchs to go through today.
I must go now. Otherwise I am going to lose my seating position. Will the ball roll towards the right direction?



I feel privileged to be so close to the action but it also requires an immaculate respect for your media colleagues, officials, players and fans at all times. I think that a good proportion of the equipment belonging to the fellow photographers is still all very new to me. I only plan on staying downstairs with fellow photographers for the first forty-five / fifty minutes of the first match.

I actually almost got the lens damaged by the Korean players as they were training and I missed out on being included into the Germany team photographers' list. I managed to put down my name on the list with regard to the next three Germany matches. I managed to get a few pictures under my belt from the spectators' position.

Russia - Korea

Both set of players are training quietly







One player appears distracted by something in the crowd whilst on the field of play




I was using and I have been using throughout the tournament a lens which was not suitable for such an agile movement from very close range. And to add insult to injury I did struggle to remember the brands and product references pertaining to the wider close range shot friendly lens used by the German photographers in the arena.





Korean players managed to diversify their way through the Russian wall






Fast breaks were sometimes used to good effect by the energetic Russian players.




As long as the defenders left you off the hook



Even a fall can strike a chord.


Photographers get caught in the middle of the action.


Even from 7 meters it is not so easy !






It can be hard to stop the ball. A genuine struggle.



Germany - Brazil

Germany outmuscled and outpaced Brazil




France - Serbia

Aggressive defending by France


A quiet attack looking for high jumpers



That goal from Mosic on 29:59 on the clock ! Incredible ! So silly to concede !



"The Usual Suspects"
During my idle time building up to the last game of the day, I had an overwhelming opportunity to be amongst the 'z'amis'. The very elegant suit and the three-colour robot were fairly impressive. Well done French supporters.

  And please do not forget Cathy !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imbroglio

Germany 2019 - Day XV Semi day, Semi poetry

Honest outcome on life with Arsenal's 40/60