Germany 2019 - Day XIV We are at the Barclaycard Arena

After a 4-hour train journey from Koln to Hamburg where sleep was a good thing to do and an unexpected shuttle ride to the Koln Hbf owing to an accident affecting our coach driver, we got to Hamburg main station and then we checked in at our town center hotel.

I had the right idea to go and check the place. You will be amazed to see all the familar faces. I wonder how they managed to be so quickly at the premises. It took me roughly an hour using the S3 and stopping at Stellingen. Then it is roughly a mile walking up the small hill with icy patches surrounded by a run down industrial waste site and a main highway. We are close to the Hamburg HSV stadium. The irony is that it looks flashy whereas the handball club went bankrupt and unfortunately disappeared a couple of years ago.

I will be able to get near the playing area for the France semi-final, which is great. However for the Germany match I will have to use my match ticket. This shows that I must grow/improve so as to establish myself as a recognised face both as a friendly fan and as a photographer. 
There is always the option of being a referee but am I fit enough? Do I know all the rules? Will I be biased? As Paul Bray told me once you have to start somewhere and slowly but surely. 

Whilst I am typing this I can see in a far corner of the media center Frederic Brindelle and the Handball Woche legend Olaf Bruchmann talking to each other. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imbroglio

Germany 2019 - Day XV Semi day, Semi poetry

Honest outcome on life with Arsenal's 40/60